Doppler Weather Radar and Weather Data Display Systems
RECOMMENDED Preventative Maintenance
The recommended schedule and standard maintenance consists of:
Check speed and direction. Run radar at slowest speed and change scan direction.
Every 6 months:
- Check DC power supply (should be 24V-29V) or check the 400Hz if you have not yet upgraded to run on 24Vdc.
- Run/check system test (From the display under ‘Tools’ drop-down and ‘System Test’) Look for any Faults.
- Run/check ‘RINGS TEST’ (From the display – “R/T” section)
Look for a clean test pattern, smooth sweep with no missing radials.
Every 1-2 years: IN THE RADOME:
- Replace the R/T mount fan (make sure it is blowing down).
- Check surge suppress.
- Check lights on surge devices (if applicable)
- Check DC Power. (if applicable)
- Should be 24-29V in radome.
- Check Air-conditioning units and fans (internal and external fans) (if applicable)
- Be sure to seal and tape the radome when complete.
*Every 3 years:
Send the R/T to ADC for standard R/T alignment & calibration
*Every 4-5 years (3-4 years for large pedestals):
Send the Pedestal to ADC for:
- Bearing replacement – ceramic bearings with high performance, long lasting lubricant.
- Standard Pedestal Alignment.
- Standard Repairs.
*Upgrades (performance and/or reliability) may be offered as an additional option when sending equipment in for service.
* ADC can also offer spares, rentals (R/T and Pedestal), and swap-out components.